Jane E. Smith
Email: smith @ cortland [dot] edu
Bachelor of Science in Education Physical Education Major, Concentration‐ Adapted Physical Education
State University of New York at Cortland, Cortland, NY, May 2010 GPA‐ 3.2/4.0
Field Experience: Cortland Homer After‐School Mentorship Program (CHAMP)
J.M. McDonald Sports Complex, Homer, NY, Spring 2008
• Organized and led lesson components of physical education for students of all abilities.
• Assisted students with school work in all parts of their school curriculum.
Related Teaching Experience
Swim Lesson Coordinator, Camp Brookfield Day Program Coordinator
Bajer Country Club, Clarence, NY, May 2006‐ Present
• American Red Cross Water Safety Instructor for swim lessons with children ages 3‐15 years.
• Used creativity while planning arts and crafts activities, and physical education related games.
Cortland Adapted Swim Team (CAST) Volunteer
State University of New York at Cortland, Cortland, NY, September 2008‐present
• Instruct and assist children with disabilities to compete at a competitive swim level.
Skill Builders Volunteer
State University of New York at Cortland, March, May 2008‐present
• Assist children with disabilities in building basic physical education skills.
• Interact with parents of children, monitoring the progress of their children in the program.
Water Safety Instructor Swim Lesson Volunteer
YMCA, Cortland, NY, April 2008
• Assisted in planning and instructing swim lessons for children ages 5‐10 years.
Office of Residential Services
Office of Residential Services Student Staff Member
State University of New York at Cortland, Resident Assistant, Spring 2008‐present
• Utilize organizational skills when programming and incorporating community development.
• Active participant in processes, projects, and tasks designated by the department.
• Monitor and assist students in the residence halls with personal and academic issues.
Program and Planning Coordinator, Bishop Hall, SUNY Cortland, Fall 2008‐ present
SUNY Cortland Residence Hall Authority Member, Spring 2008‐present
Staff Appreciation Coordinator, Fitzgerald Hall, SUNY Cortland, Spring 2008
Train for the Trainers Workshop, Mike Domitrz, SUNY Cortland, April 2008
SUNY Cortland Campus Wide Diversity Program, March 2008
SUNY Cortland Open House Volunteer, March 2008
SUNY Cortland Student Staff Recruitment Group Process Volunteer, March 2008
SUNY Cortland Residence Life Conference, February 2008
SUNY Cortland Tunnel of Oppression Volunteer, February 2008
American Alliance for Health, Physical Education, Recreation, and Dance (AAHPERD)
SUNY Cortland Alliance of Physical Education Majors
Student Athletic Advisory Committee Athlete of the Week Winner, October 12‐18, 2008
National Residence Hall Honorary Campus Wide Diversity Program of the Month Winner, September 2008
Department of Residential Services Outstanding First Year Resident Assistant of Year, May 2008
National Residence Hall Honorary Social Program of the Month Winner, February 2008
All‐SUNYAC Academic Team and Commissioner’s List, Cross‐country, Fall 2007
J.D. Reffs Dedication and Commitment to SUNY Cortland Cross Country Award, Fall 2007
SUNY Cortland Deans List, Spring 2007‐present
New York State Lottery Leaders of Tomorrow Scholarship, Fall 2006‐present
Schools Violence Prevention and Intervention Workshop (S.A.V.E.)
Child Abuse Recognition and Reporting Workshop (C.A.R.R.)
American Association for Physical Activity and Recreation Certified Adapted Aquatics Instructor
American Red Cross Certified Water Safety Instructor
American Red Cross Certified Lifeguard Training
American Red Cross Certified Infant, Child & Adult CPR
American Red Cross Certified First Aid
American Red Cross Certified AED Essentials
Certified Educational Karate Program Instructor
SUNY Cortland Adapted Physical Education Valentines Day Dance Volunteer, February 2009
Habitat for Humanity of Cortland County, Volunteer, Fall 2008
Fall Mini Conference for Innovative Physical Education, Volunteer and Preside, SUNY Cortland, October 2008
Project Communication Sign Language Workshop, SUNY Cortland, April 2008
3rd annual Franziska Racker Center of Cortland 5k Run, Volunteer, SUNY Cortland, April 2008
Life with an Eating Disorder Workshop, SUNY Cortland, February 2008
SUNY Cortland Cross‐Country Team, Fall 2006‐present
SUNY Cortland Indoor Track and Field Team, Winter 2006‐2007‐present
SUNY Cortland Outdoor Track and Field Team, Spring 2006‐present
SUNY Cortland Thursday Night Wheelchair Sports, SUNY Cortland, September 2006‐present